Show "Subcollection" within the parent "Collection"

Hi,

When I view a collection, I would like to see also the subcollection folders that are within, not just on the sidebar, but also on the main browser. Because it is more intuitive to click within the main browser than on the sidebar.

Can you maybe consider provide this option?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards
Yiyu Zhou
  • Main menu: View -> Show items from subcollections
  • Hi, thank you for the tip, I was able to make it work.

However, rather than showing the items from subcollections directly, what I am looking for is a "directory" icon that I can click on to open the subcollections, is this feature going to be implemented?

This will give the users a more file-browser like experience, which I think will be very much liked.

Best regards
    Yiyu Zhou
  • I second Zyiyu. To make it display like a normal folder structure as found in OS.
  • @zyiyu, @LilSizzle: I don't know what you're asking for here. Collections show in the left-hand pane. Items show in the middle pane. That's been the case for as long as Zotero has existed, for over 15 years, and is entirely standard mode of library-based apps. It's not going to change. But I still don't really know what you mean.
  • @dstillman - thank you for your request for clarification.
    I've made a little screen share video explaining what my preference of how to view folders and files in a library.

Here is the link: https://tinyurl.com/ya3okkcl
  • edited April 7, 2022
    That's just not how Zotero or most other library-based programs work. Zotero isn't a file manager, and it doesn't have folders or files.
  • Ok, thanks
  • hello,
    Me too, I would like an option to see the subcollection folder in the main collection
    I know it's not usual for a library-based programs but it helps me to organise my collections and subcollection
  • Plus if subcollection folder is not shown in the main collection, you do not know if it contains a subcollection until you look at the side bar and expand it.