Better anti-aliasing for Zotero Reader?

Hi all,

I'm new to Zotero but couldn't find anything about this in the forum here. I have the feeling that Zotero's own PDF reader is either not using anti-aliasing for the fonts, or doing it differently than, e.g., Acrobat Reader.

On my 1280 x 1024 (Full HD) display, the font in the Zotero reader looks way less sharp and comfortable to read than for the same file at the same zoom level in Acrobat Reader. It might have something to do with the font used in the PDF or the file itself, but in the direct comparison, Acrobat "wins" in terms of sharpens and ease to read.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the reader just not (yet) capable of doing similar sophisticated anti-aliasing as the Acrobat Reader? Did somebody else experience this and found a solution?

Taking screenshots here won't be able to show the difference, as they are treated different. Hence, it's a bit difficult to explain "how strong" the difference is.

Thanks for any advise/info on this topic. I really like Zotero and the Reader, so I fully aware this is rather nit-picky than really a big issue. Keep up the great work!

Erik
  • We are aware of the issue, and hopefully we could fix that later this year. Thanks for reporting.
  • Hi Martynas_B, great to hear that. Looking forward for the next version(s), then! :) Thanks!
  • For info, I have the same issue with the external PDF reader (Sumatra PDF) displaying a more comfortable text (fonts smooth and sharp) than the PDF reader in Zotero on Win10. Looking forward to the fix.
    Thanks for this new version and all the great work!
  • Any news on this? I see that even in Safari the text in pdfs is much sharper than in Zotero.