Highlight extraction-Note Templates Customization

edited April 10, 2022
Hi,

I, as I'm sure many other people are, am currently attempting to reconfigure my previous note-taking workflow (which made use of ZotFile and Mdnotes) via the newly built-in Zotero features. Yet I am struggling to customize the much-appreciated features of Note Templates, specifically with regard to the customization of the syntax of conditionals.

In short, I'd like three different highlighting colours to achieve three different things:

colour n1 = headers
colour n2 = regular paragraph with citation and link
colour n3 = I'd like the extraction to add the syntax "- [ ]" in front of whatever is contained within the highlight so that when converted to markdown the highlighted paragraph will be read as a task (an easy way to keep track of to-be-read bibliography found in a given source)

Upon consulting the little documentation on Note Tamplates available thus far, I've managed to set the first two scenarios through the following conditionals

{{if color == 'CHOSEN COLOUR NUMERIC ID'}}
<h2>{{highlight}}</h2>
{{else}}
<p>{{highlight quotes='true'}} {{citation}} {{comment}}</p>
{{endif}}

I have, however, been unable to figure out how to take care of the third scenario (admittedly, my understanding of conditionals and HTML is limited). Wondering if anyone could suggest a way forward.

thanks in advance