iPad: Images not showing in annotations

The images added to the annotations in zotero 6 for desktop, are not seen in the iPad version. Only an empty box is displayed. is it a bug?
  • Do you mean images added to Zotero notes, or do you mean image annotations in the PDF reader sidebar? Embedded images in notes, including image annotations, won't currently show up anywhere other than in the desktop app.
  • edited March 31, 2022
    I select an image from the PDF in the PDF reader, and then add it to the annotations (click on the three dots in the left panel and then add note). This image is not visible in annotations on iPad
  • Yes, that won't work yet. (The iOS app doesn't yet have the new note editor from Zotero 6, which includes support for embedded images.)

(Note that you'll want say "notes" here for us to understand you better. "Annotations" refers specifically to the things you add to PDFs.)
  • Ok, thanks!
    sorry for the confusion
  • Thanks. I came here with the same issue.
    Assuming this new editor is coming (to iOS, iPadOS, and Web), can I keep adding images to my notes and be confident I won't lose anything in the future?

Is there an expected timeline on it?

2 side notes:

I can also add a screenshot on my iPad, see it on my desktop and edit it, and after editing it's now in the new format, thus no longer showing on my iPad.
    - Understandable, but just adding here for additional info.

I can also resize images added anywhere while using the web library (even though they show as empty boxes) and see them resize in the desktop version. This is handy since there's no way to resize in the desktop's new editor yet.

Thanks for everyone's amazing work on Zotero!
  • Assuming this new editor is coming (to iOS, iPadOS, and Web), can I keep adding images to my notes and be confident I won't lose anything in the future?
    Yes. Images in notes are officially supported as of Zotero 6. We don't give time estimates — new note editor on iOS is still a ways off, but definitely planned.