iOS: Waiting indefinitely while downloading some files

This discussion was created from comments split from: manage file storage to sync files with iOS and desktop app.
  • I am having issues with the sync too on the new iOS app. I am using webDAV storage (using box.com). And some files have got synced on iOS while it just keeps waiting indefinitely for some other files. My quota is not full on my webDAV server, and the desktop Zotero seems to sync well with webDAV. But the iOS app doesn't.

Moreover, I also observed that it doesn't sync at all using a webDAV server on the LAN. I have a local NAS storage server in my home LAN network with a webDAV server running on it. I wanted to use it to sync PDFs between my desktop, laptop, and iPad. The sync using this LAN webDAV server works fine between my laptop and desktop, but iPad doesn't download using it at all.
  • I am facing the same problem using box.com webDAV. My debug ID is: D739599855.
  • This discussion was created from comments split from: iOS: Can't download files via WebDAV.
  • @shivams: Please start new threads for new issues — we can't debug a complicated issue in the middle of someone else's thread. I've moved this to a new thread.

That Debug ID is for a sync, but a sync on iOS doesn't download files by default — it just syncs data. We'd need to see a Debug ID for an attempt to open a file that hangs.
  • I’m having the same problem (dicussion https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/95505/ios-cant-download-files-via-webdav#latest)

My NAS is a QNAP device. Also- just noted that MOST files sync fine between two PCs- but not all. Currently no additional files are syncing between iOS and either PC.
  • We've fixed a number of issues with file syncing in the latest beta version. If you'd like to test it, you can join the new TestFlight beta group:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/Rjyua6Mq

You can reinstall the release version from the App Store at any time.