difference between "add citation" and "add note" in word ?

Hello,
Please can you explain me the difference between "add citation" and "add note" in word Zotero V6.
Thank you
  • "Add citation" is still what it always used to do. Add a citation from your library in your text/footnote.
    The "Add note" button is new. See the release notes for more info: https://www.zotero.org/blog/zotero-6/
  • Thank you. But for me it's the same function. Both of the two buttons give the same result.
  • One should show a red dialog and one should show a yellow dialog. Is that not what you're seeing?
  • yes one show a yellow dialog and the other a red one.
  • OK, so they're not the same, and they're working properly.
  • Ok thank you.
  • rebonjour,
    quand je clique sur "add note" dans word, il m'ouvre la fenêtre du "préferences du document" puis "ajouter/modifier la citation". j'ai essayé avec un autre ordinateur et ce n'est pas pareil il ouvre la boite de dialogue jaune. Merci pour votre aide
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for it opening the citation dialog?
  • No, see the instructions again. That just shows Zotero startup.
  • D1377250773
  • edited March 23, 2022
    No, that's from the Zotero Connector. This needs to be from the Zotero app, but it needs to actually include the operation in question.

• [JavaScript Error: "TypeError: temp is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml" line: 1225}]
    getPreferenceElement@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:1225:11
    userChangedValue@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:1273:25
    onxblcommand@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:1312:9

version => 6.0.2, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => fr-FR, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.2, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.0.SA.6.0.2, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (6.0.0.SA.6.0.2, extension)
  • edited March 23, 2022
    That's a Report ID.

You already provided a Debug ID. It just didn't show you opening the citation dialog.

All you need to do is follow the instructions in the section I'm linking to.
  • Merci je viens de trouver la solution:
    Il faut décocher la case "utiliser la fenêtre classique d’ajout de citation" dans : éditions/ préférences/ citer/ traitements de texte. Redémarrer Zotero et Word et normalement ça fonctionne. Merci et bonne journée
  • Ah, OK — that's a bug. We'll fix. Thanks.
  • @aelasmar: Fixed in 6.0.3, available now via Help → Check for Updates.
  • Yes, it wasn't working in the "classic Add Citation dialog", now adding notes fixed. Thanks.

Little off-topic: Please don't remove classic view in future. I think the classic view is much more useful when using prefixes and suffixes.