ID: 322791475 Automatic sync won't work

Neither works the manual, that always crashes at the same article.

I think it has to do with me doing changes on My Library when offline, then tried to go online and sync, but it would take too long. Then try again and it said that a sync was already happening from my IP. So I waited, but since it never finished I ended up restarting. An this took me to not being able to sync again.

How can I undo this? Thank you very much for your help!

DBA
  • Neither works the manual, that always crashes at the same article.
    You'll need to elaborate on that (and include an error report).

The error you're getting for the automatic sync ("Background sync resulted in conflict — manual sync required") is by design.
  • When I sync now, the conflict resolution window opens, it has 15 articles to be resolved, but when I get to article 7, I get the following popup:
    "ItemID not set for object before attempting to load data"

Then it takes me back to Zotero, and when I click on the articles, I am asked to restart Firefox.

After restarting the sync problem is still there.

Thank you again!
  • OK, we'll look into that. Can you provide an error report for that error (from before restarting Firefox)?

With enough info we can probably fix it for the next beta, but on the off-chance that you don't need data from both sides, see Troubleshooting Sync Errors for reset instructions.
  • edited August 21, 2009
    Yes, this is the report:

Report ID: 1171337303

It mentions Jeteye and Zemanta, which are addons that I have. I'll also try to disable them and see.
    Thanks,
    DBA
  • edited August 21, 2009
    OK, done, when I disable Zemanta and Jeteye I still have the same problem and get the following report:

Report ID: 878504327
  • edited August 21, 2009
    Errors mentioning other extensions don't have anything to do with Zotero. Also, no need to post the full reports—Report IDs will do. (I realize I was unclear.)

Are these from after the manual sync attempts?
  • Posts edited :)

Yes, the reports are from after the manual sync.

I have finally solved the problem by doing a full restore from the Zotero server (which had everything as I wanted)

Thank you very much for all your help.
  • OK, great.

We'll try to figure out what was causing the conflict resolution error.
  • I have the same issue. I submitted the error (after syncing manually) to zotero server. The report ID is: D1574039640.
  • Dan, I am still getting the same error after upgrading to b7. I haven't been able to sync for 9 days. Report ID: 532559543.
  • mszargar: Same in 2.0b7.1? Have you tried a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero preferences?