Strange behavior of collections pane

Hello,

The collections pane on my Zotero behave strangely: it hides and reappears whatever keys (including all the letters and numbers and special letters) I press.
Is this controlled by some setting? and how such behavior can be forbidden? Thank you.
  • edited March 24, 2022
    Can you take a screenshot or make a screen recording, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here?
  • Thank you for your response. Let me try to be more clear.
    1) View -> Layout -> check collections pane to make it appear.
    2) Then I press, say, "1" or "a" or some other key in the keyboard, the collections pane will hide, just like that these are the keybindings for toggling its layout.
  • You didn't say that you're clicking within the collections pane, but I assume you are?

Starting to type should just select the collection that matches what you type.

Can you provide a Debug ID for this? It might also help if you could take a screen recording, upload it somewhere (e.g., Google Drive or Dropbox), and email a link to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread. (We'll respond here.)
  • No. I was not clicking within the collections pane. I was operating on the items. By pressing "1", I was trying to assign it to a tag. The tag was assigned successfully, but the collections pane was toggled out.

D1548416873
    The screen recording was sent to the support email. Thank you
  • Can you reproduce this with all third-party plugins disabled?
  • edited March 24, 2022
    Thank you for the hint! that was due to the zutilo plugin