Citation is not matching the citation number

When I enter the reference for citation number 1 in the text, it is added without a problem. Then, I move on to citation number 2, type the name, enter, and everything still looks good. Then, when I reopen it, it's no longer the author/reference of #2, it's now the author/reference of #1. But, it's still labeled as #2. Looking at the document text, everything looks correct because the numbers are in order, but all the references are the same. This is happening with multiple documents. I've tried installing the latest update and Word processor. I've tried uninstalling Zotero and reinstalling. The problem persists. It's also happening with other people in my Zotero group. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated!
  • Then, I move on to citation number 2, type the name, enter, and everything still looks good. Then, when I reopen it, it's no longer the author/reference of #2, it's now the author/reference of #1.
    When you reopen what?

Can you provide a Report ID and exact steps to reproduce?

https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems
  • @gschroeder Which word processor and which citation style are you using?
  • @dstillman Report ID: 1387046785
    When I click Add/Edit Citation, the red Zotero box opens for typing in reference information. So, when I click on the superscript 2 in the text, click Add/Edit and the Zotero box "reopens" (opens again) the citation is the same as superscript 1 (reference 1). Does that clarify anything?
  • @adomasven I'm using Microsoft Word and AMA 11th edition. I had just made some minor style edits to AMA 11th edition, so I thought maybe the new version was causing this issue, but I tried using the original AMA 11th edition and it's doing the same thing.
  • What's the full version number of Microsoft Word that you are using?
  • @adomasven Version 2202 (Build 14931.20094 Click-to-Run)
  • It may be worth updating Word to the latest version. Otherwise, can you reproduce this in a new document, or produce a small snippet document that shows this problem? If so please send it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
  • @adomasven I just updated Word and no luck. I emailed Zotero support. Thank you for your help!
  • You have tracked changes in the document that are not accepted/rejected. That's causing the issue. Go into Word Review tab and make sure all changes are accepted or rejected.