WebDAV error iOS 1.0.1 build 1 (iPhone)

Hey,
I am having a problem with WebDAV sync.
Zotero login: no problem.
I was trying to sync with WebDAV - errors about WebDAV verification error.

Same WebDAV using with Zotero 6.0.1 on macOS - never had any problems. I copy-pasted the WebDAV address, username and password.

Debug ID is D1853603383.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I also tried it with iPad yesterday, same Zotero version, same error, but forgot to allow debug logging and right now I don't have access to it, will try later today
  • Just tried with iPad, same error, debug ID D914565733
  • By the way, if that helps, I am using owncloud WebDAV, courtesy of my institute and for logging in I am using one-time app passwords, i.e. I generate new passcode for each application directly in the owncloud. I generated separate passwords for zotero on my computer (that works flawlessly), and for my iOS devices (none works).

Also, in the owncloud settings, I can see when was the particular password used and I can see that both iOS devices passes were used, so it seems that the address is correct (since zotero app can reach my owncloud), but then something happens during the authentication process.
  • are you using https for your webDAV? iOS requires that.
  • yes, https on all devices
  • May be due to the @ in the path. We'll investigate.
  • Hey @dstillman, thanks for chiming in. That is kind of my working theory right now of what could be wrong. Thanks!
  • Hi @jajcayn, can you take a screenshot of your Settings -> Account and send it here or to support@zotero.org?
  • hey @michalrentka, just sent. Password is of course not visible as iOS does this for screenshots and the address is too long it be visible entirely
  • See our response — we need the full path (via email), since it's cut off in the screenshot.
  • sorry, I thought you can see the address from the debug log, just sent an email with the full address
  • We generally can, but here the issue is how the '@' is being encoded, so we need to see exactly what you're entering. Got your email. We'll investigate.
  • Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks!
  • So it looks like you're just encoding the '@' in the path. Just enter it as '@', not '%40'.
  • damn, that worked! Sorry I haven’t thought of that, I simply copied the address owncloud gave me for WedDAV access, it itself encoded the “@“. Anyway, thanks for your help! The app reader looks awesome)
This discussion has been closed.