Error saving from web and hard drive

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero not saving PDFs to my library.
  • This has suddenly started for me since this weekend's update. Not saving from the web, and not even importing a pdf that is on my hard drive.
  • This is the error message I'm getting: "An error occurred saving with Springer Link. Attempting to save using Embedded Metadata instead.
    An error occurred saving with Embedded Metadata. Attempting to save using DOI instead.
    An error occurred while saving this item. See Troubleshooting Translator Issues for more information."

The url I'm accessing is https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-69590-7_1
  • But this is happening with all URLs.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID from Zotero for an attempt to add a file from disk?
  • D1353652348 Quite handy, BTW.
  • The action that generated this ID was attaching a pdf from my hard drive to an existing record in Z.
  • [JavaScript Error: "Error(s) encountered during statement execution: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed [QUERY: REPLACE INTO groupItems VALUES (?, ?, NULL)] [PARAMS: 939, 4971464] [ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js" line: 680}]
    Can you go to Tools → Developer → Run JavaScript, run the following code, and tell us the result?

return await Zotero.DB.valueQueryAsync("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM users WHERE userID=4971464")
  • Nothing happens. (I have "run as asynch function" checked Return value ===> 0<===
  • This is fixed in Zotero 6.0.2, available via Help → Check for Updates. It was a bug in libraries that hadn't yet synced since updating to Zotero 6.
  • Updating to 6.04 solved these problems. Many thanks for being on top of this for all of us!