PDF Reader - keyboard shortcuts

Hello all,

I wonder whether the PDF Reader will support keyboard shortcuts? E.g., for switching to/from the PDF Reader tabs to the library, as well as for the annotations?

(There was a discussion on this somewhere on the forum, but I couldn't find it just now.)

• edited March 17, 2022
    The PDF reader is fully keyboard accessible.

You can use Cmd/Ctrl + number keys to jump between tabs — e.g., Cmd/Ctrl+1 to jump to the library view. (All other standard keyboard shortcuts for moving between tabs also work.)

There'll likely be some additional keyboard shortcuts in the future.
  • Thanks!

I would be amazing to be able to be able to switch between the annotation tools.

One thing I really like about Adobe Reader is that that the highlight function can be 'latched'. Once it's latched, you can just continue highlighting sections.
  • One thing I really like about Adobe Reader is that that the highlight function can be 'latched'. Once it's latched, you can just continue highlighting sections.
    The PDF reader has worked this way from day one. Just click the toolbar button to turn on highlighting mode.

When highlighting mode is off, you can select text and click a color in the popup to highlight just that selection.
  • I am not sure how I missed that — my excuse is that I swear that the button didn't visually latch maybe in an early beta. But I'm probably wrong about that.

However, yes, I stand corrected, and the PDF reader does work like that: kudos to the Zotero team! Very nice!
  • In Zotero 6.0.10, available now, you can switch between annotation tools and colors with Option/Alt + 1/2/3/4.
  • That's amazing, thank you!
  • hi—is there a “Go to page” shortcut, a la Adobe Acrobat's`cmd/ctrl+shift+n`? thanks is advance.
  • It would be nice to have a previous page/next page button on Mac. Currently, left arrow and right arrow do this, but only when zoomed out sufficiently, while in zoom mode they pan.