Crashing on iPad

Hello, I am on the most recent version of Zotero iOS (1.0, 196) and maybe this has something to do with my iPad (6th generation) not being a pro version with more memory, but when I try to have two Zotero windows open side by side (one so I can read, the other to take notes) it tends to crash a lot in the middle of writing in the note. It’s happened about 10 times in the last two days, there’s no recognizable length of time before a crash, sometimes it takes a long time, sometimes its right after it already crashed. I tried closing all other applications, but that doesn’t help. When I write in the same note by itself, there’s no crashes, so it has something to do with attempting to use the double screen feature.
  • We haven't done much of any testing in multitasking mode, but we'll look into this. If you're able to provide a Report ID after this happens (you should be prompted after restarting the app), that would be helpful.
  • Hi @joelem, I saw one crash report of this, if you have more I'd like to see them as well. Maybe if you can reproduce this rather quickly, you could try screen recording when it crashes for you, maybe I'll see some weird behaviour.

Anyway this has nothing to do with your device or memory, so you don't have to close other apps. I hope I can resolve this issue soon for you.
  • Here's a few more pieces of information that could be useful:
    1) the note was from the same pdf item I was looking at in the other screen, so both screens were related to one item from zotero. Haven't checked whether the same behavior occurs for an unrelated note. Potentially wouldn't need the multitask feature if there was a note-taking option for the pdf viewer.
    2) before the crash, a few times the typing feature would freeze up and then eventually both screens would crash (though not for every crash). After each crash, the crash screen would show up twice, once on each screen.

I stopped using the ipad to do this work as it was under a deadline, but I'll try again and submit a report ID here.