Zotero 6 beta: Some annotations omitted when extracting PDF annotations

This discussion was created from comments split from: Available for beta testing: Note templates for PDF annotations.
  • @dstillman Thank you for your reply!
    Another problem is that when I use zotero to export PDF annotations, there are always some omissions and not all highlights are in the exported notes. I don't know if it's because the PDF is a book of several hundred pages.
    Could you please help me?
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — it makes it much easier for us to help you. I've moved this to a new thread.)

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you talking about using the Add Note from Annotations function on a PDF with external (non-Zotero-created) annotations? All annotations that appear in the annotations sidebar in the PDF reader should be added to the note. If something isn't appearing in the sidebar, it might be an annotation type that's not supported.

If you have a PDF where a highlight isn't appearing in the sidebar, make a copy of it, cut it down to a single page, and email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.