Note template components in wrong order

This discussion was created from comments split from: Available for beta testing: Note templates for PDF annotations.
  • edited February 22, 2022
    Hi Dan, thanks for this update. I'm trying to set the comments before the citation, but it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? Here is the string I use: <p>{{highlight quotes='true'}}<b>{{comment}}</b>{{citation}}</p> but the outcome is still citation, then comment when I import the annotation into the note. Thanks!
  • @francescoragazzi: How are you adding the annotation to the note?
  • Either drag and drop or right-click + "add to note". Both have the same result
  • Works fine for me. What setting are you modifying?
    extensions.zotero.annotations.noteTemplates.highlight I'm pretty sure its the right one, as I get the comment to be bold with the <b> tag, but not it doesn't show the right order...
  • Ok I got it by making it <p><b>{{comment}}</b>{{highlight quotes='true'}}{{citation}}</p>
  • Still not clear on what you were seeing here. If I paste your first example into the setting, this is what I get:

“This is highlighted text”This is my comment(Smith et al., 2022, p.1)
    Yes, exactly. But I now solved it. What I wanted to get is:

This is my comment
    “This is highlighted text” (Smith et al., 2022, p.1).

Which I now get by using:
    </p<b> {{comment} </b><BR>{{highlight quotes='true'}} {{citation}}</p>

I mistakenly believed that "{{highlight quotes='true'}}" was a condition, but in fact it's both a condition and a variable, so it doesn't have to be in the beginning....
  • It's not a condition. It's just the variable for the highlighted text.
  • Does quotes= "true" just indicate that the highlights are in quotes then?