Saved Search by Creator Type

I have a large collection of citations and many of the creators have multiple roles. For instance, Harald Ludwig is a book editor, an author, and a translator. I want to be able to setup a Saved Search where I can identify where Ludwig (or other creator) is an Author as opposed to another role --> where creator.firstName = Harald AND creator.lastName = Ludwig AND creator.creatorType = Author.

I want this so that I can perform bulk cataloging/description of these entries using Zutilo. Is there currently a way to achieve this in the desktop app?
  • Sorry, that's not currently possible. You can only search across all creator types.
  • @dstillman Thanks for the reply. Any chance this more granular search could be incorporated into a future update?
  • I'd like to add to this by suggesting that 'Author' and 'Book Author' be added to the list of fields available to search (in addition to 'Creator').

If I am searching for book chapters by a particular author, Zotero returns unexpected results because it returns book chapters in books edited by that author but where the chapter is authored by someone else.

• We've added separate search conditions for "Author", "Book Author", and "Editor" in the latest Zotero 6 beta.
  • edited February 22, 2022
    That's excellent, quick work, thank you!

One thing to have on a long term wish list might be nesting of variables in the advanced search, to demonstrate visually how Creator contains Author, Book Author, and Editor. E.g.:

Creator
    –Author
    -Book Author
    -Editor

This might be useful for other variables too.