Sync error in 2.0b7

I installed 2.0b7, opened up the Zotero pane, and immediately got a sync error: the error report is 1207779250.

The error message is:
Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.open]

It happens every time I sync.
  • This is a bug that slipped through in 2.0b7. It happens if you upgraded to 2.0b7 and were previously using metadata syncing but not WebDAV file syncing. Metadata syncing will still go through when this error occurs, but the new group file syncing will not.

To fix, go to the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences and either uncheck "Sync attachment files in My Library" or switch it to "Zotero" if you'd like to use the new Zotero File Storage.

We'll get a new build out within a day or so to deal with this properly.
  • edited September 15, 2009
    Aha, I got that too. Good. So where can we find more information about Zotero File Storage?
  • Awesome, that worked.
  • Thanks for your very prompt resolution. I switched to ZFS, but immediately ran out of storage space (over 600MB of PDFS now in Zotero, with around 40GB total to be processed).

Does the citation data have a separate storage quota? Will it continue to be synched?
  • There's no limit on citation data, and that will continue to be synced regardless of your storage usage. We'll clarify that in the error message.

We're still putting some pieces into place, but we should have more information on Zotero File Storage later today or tomorrow.
  • Ran into the same error (report ID 205892522).
    Switching to the Zotero format (instead of WebDAV) as suggested above solved the issue, although this takes some disk space.
  • edited September 15, 2009
    FYI, there is now more information about the new Zotero Storage available at http://www.zotero.org/support/storage_faq
  • I was going to report the same error, but the fix seems to work for me.
  • Hello, I get some file not found error: id 3147351. Anything to do with it or is there a fix? Thank you!
  • Version 2.07B has caused Firefox to freeze several times in the last hour when pressing the sync button. Also had the same problem as thee 1st poster but your suggestion did not seem to eliminate the yellow triangle completely.
  • 2.0b7.1, available now, fixes the original error on this thread. If you're having other trouble, please start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.