Hover Preview of in-text citations in Word .doc

I am trying to find out if Zotero will allow me to show citations in a Word document, so that the full reference shows up as a pop-up when I hover the citation in the text. This online article in the Journal of Experimental Medicine show what I am trying to do: - http://jem.rupress.org/content/207/10/2053.full#ref-45. Furthermore, just like in this article, I would also like to be able to click on the citation and be taken to that Reference in the Reference Section, ideally with an arrow to take me back to where I was in the text.

I don't know if 1. the first part is possible with a Zotero output style and 2. if all of this is possible using Zotero or if some of it has to be set up in Word? Thank you for any help that you can provide, Nick
  • no, sorry, none of that's possible. (I'm not even sure the whole set of this is possible in Word at all)
    I certainly see the appeal and there are various threads on the 2nd part (i.e. click to bibliography) on the forums that you can search for (there is a custom Macro that a user provides that can do some version of such linking), but at least in the short term I don't see this happening in Zotero given existing priorities.
  • It's been a few years since this thread was updated. Has there been any progress toward showing some amount of bibliography information when a [numerical] citation is clicked, hovered over, or selected in Word? If not, I'd add a vote for some version of a feature like this to make it easier to edit a document. Right now it's quite cumbersome to check citations once they're input.

If any users have figured out workarounds, I'd be interested to hear how you tackle this issue in the absence of the feature.
  • Nothing new on either front, I'm afraid.