issues with Zotero Connector and Zotero Item Selector

I'm trying to save a blog post with Zotero Connector, but upon clicking the relevant icon on Chrome a "Zotero Item Selector" window pops up asking which items I want to save to my library. There is only one listed item, which is a pdf mentioned in the post. I am not interested in saving this file; rather, as noted, what I would like to do is to save the web page itself.

I looked at the options but didn't find a way of disabling the Zotero Item Selector popup (which I'm not interested in) or to otherwise solve the problem.

Here is the post in question: https://stephenmalina.com/post/2021-07-01-energetic-aliens-among-us/

Zotero Connector: 5.0.91
Chrome: 94.0.4606.61
macOS: Big Sur 11.5.2
  • right-click --> Save to Zotero --> Save to Zotero (Webpage with Snapshot)

The DOI translator will pick up academic papers on a page and offer to save them. The above is how to override it for any given page.
  • edited February 15, 2022
    Sorry to reopen this, but I'm still experiencing problems. Sometimes the option to right-click on a link isn't available, because I entered the URL manually or followed a redirect link. In these cases, there isn't an easy way to use Zotero Connector to save a webpage.

I understand that the DOI translator will ofter to save any papers it finds, but why is the option to save the webpage itself not displayed in these cases? If Zotero Connector can be used to save a webpage when no DOIs are present, it seems that in the special case where the page does feature a DOI the user should be allowed to select these papers in addition to, rather than instead of, the webpage.
  • The right click option should always be available, doesn't matter how you enter the URL. Do you have an example where it isn't? (mixing it with the DOI results doesn't make much sense -- that'd cause more confusion than it solves
  • @stafforini: Are you trying to right-click on a link on the webpage? Don't do that. Right-click on the Save to Zotero button in the Zotero toolbar. That will always show the webpage option.
  • @dstillman Oh, I see. Thank you.