best way to store files for group project

I'm using Zotero 6.0 beta with a group and we want to store pdfs so that we can all access them and so that if any member of the group leaves we won't lose access. We are using Google Drive as a shared folder (and I personally use iCloud where I'd love to keep my other source files from other projects) but I'm reading that it's a bad idea to store linked files to the cloud. I think my answer is in the forum, but I'm not tech savvy enough to tell what the main recommendation would be if we don't want to use Zotero storage to keep our linked files. All of this is complicated by the fact that we're using 6.0 beta, which I understand builds in the Zotfile software. Ty!
  • There honestly just is no viable way to share files in a group that doesn't involve Zotero storage, I'm afraid: WebDAV doesn't exist for groups, nor do groups allow linked files, so while both of these are options for individuals, they don't work for groups.
    (ZotFile's move&link feature, which is the bit that's relevant for linked files, still works in 6.0 just like it did before, but it's not relevant for groups)
  • That's too bad - but thanks for ending my wild goose chase!
  • Am I wrong to say that it can cost your only 20$/year for the entire group to be able to store and share 2GB of files? You can set the group rights so that every member be able to add references with files to be shared by everyone in the group. You just have to set owner of the group the one who will purchase the storage.
  • Yes, that's right. Only the owner pays for storage