Collection size

Hi folks,
please could you help me: for years I used to be working with Zotero on my research, and I paid for the account. These days I do not need it anymore and would like to downgrade my account and delete the unused collection. But is there a way how to see the collection size? I cant believe that somebody charges for the storage and do not show the size?
Thank you in advance for your help - Filip
  • You can see your storage usage from the storage settings page:

https://www.zotero.org/settings/storage
  • I see, but there is only the size of "My Library" and hard to decide which collection is the best adept for backup and delete...? Thank you for your help!
  • That wouldn't make sense. Items can appear in multiple collections.

You can search for large files within the 'storage' folder of your Zotero data directory, or use a disk-usage tool that shows you large files. To find them in Zotero, paste the 8-character parent folder name into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode. If you delete something, you'll also need to empty the trash.
  • Thank you, I understand, although I have been using collections simply. Does that mean I have to delete specific items one by one?
  • Note that you could also simply disable file sync if you no longer need it. That way you get to keep your entire Zotero library for free -- Zotero will remove your attachments >300MB on their server once your subscription runs out, but you'll keep your entire library with attachments locally (and Zotero will continue to sync metadata for free).