Any way to stop Zotero from automatically closing after switching to different word processor?

Hi there,

My workflow requires me to switch regularly from GDocs to Word and back, it gets kind of annoying that Zotero closes every time I switch. Is there any way to prevent that behaviour from happening?
  • Sure thing,

Steps to reproduce
    1. Open Zotero
    2. Open Document
    3. Press "Switch to different Word processor"
    4. Wait for the process to finish
    5. Zotero closes on its own

Number 5 is the issue here, it gets a tad bit annoying if you have to switch for multiple documents.
  • Closing on its own as in the app quits completely and you have to start it up again? Or is the Zotero window just behind other windows?

Do you get a crash log from the OS?

Can you provide a Report ID?
  • Closing it as in the app quits completely. There is no crash log and report ID because I believe this is intended behaviour by the developers? I am asking whether or not there is a way to change that behaviour/
  • edited January 15, 2022
    No, it’s not intended behavior, and no one else has reported this. Please provide a Report ID.
  • Report ID: 449489900

Steps to reproduce
    1. Open Zotero
    2. Open Document
    3. Press "Switch to different Word processor"
    4. Wait for the process to finish
    5. Zotero closes on its own

There you go! Thanks for the help
  • How are you determining that the process is finishing?

Does this happen if you create a new document, add a single citation, and then use that function?

Can you make a screen recording of this happening, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and then either post the URL here or email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?