Update path of linked file

My bibliography items have links to files on my computer. I have moved the files to a new directory, so now when I click on the old links, it will tell me that the file could not be found and I have the option to locate the file. However, when I click on "Locate..." no window opens up for me to search for the file (it used to work well in the old version). Anyone can help me with this?
I'm using Mac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5, Zotero 5.0.30.
  • You can use the Zutilo plugin to batch edit the links in Zotero to point at the directory.

AFTER fixing the file paths, you should set up Zotero’s base directory feature in Advanced Settings to make it easier to move linked files in the future.
  • edited January 13, 2022
    I am also working on a Mac (OS Monterey 12.1), and I did not originally have the Base Directory feature set up, so my links were all absolute. Now, I need to both change them (from a Google Drive to DropBox location -- every file is being moved from a single folder into a new single folder) and switch them to a relative path instead.

PROBLEM: The Zutilo "Modify Attachment Paths" feature is not working.
    I click "Modify Attachment Paths", and I paste the old path copied from the "Show Attachment Path" and paste the new path copied from a single file's "Show Attachment Path" that I updated to the new location. It does not give me an error, but nothing is changed.

EXAMPLE:

OLD PATH: /Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/01-Work/01-Tübingen/Research/0_New-Zotero-Library/

NEW PATH: /Users/nglynn/Dropbox/Work Stuff/Zotero-Library

Path remains the old path after completing the action. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

[edited to add an accidentally omitted / ]