How to export BibTex with journal abbreviation?

Hi everyone,
I seclet one item and want to export it with journal abbreviation. "Use Journal Abbreviation" has been ticked, but it doesn't work. Is there anything wrong?
Thanks.
  • Are you using the BetterBibTeX plugin?
  • Thank you very much.
    I installed it after your reminding,but it still does not work. I have googled a lot and know the reason now. But now I have other questions:
    1. The title of exported Bibtex is abbreviation when "Journal Abbr" is added to "Info" of item. But it is not convinent to add "Journal Abbr" one by one. Do you know any quick methods?
    2. Eventhough "Journal Abbr" is not added, the references in Word are abbreviations if "Use MEDLINE journal abbreviations" is ticked. It still works without internet. Hence, I think there must be a local file comparing the full names and abbreviations of journals. If this file can be find, a script can be written to generation BibTex with abbreviations automaticly (I want to use abbreviations in Latex). BUT, I can't find this file. Do you have and ideas?
    Looking forward to your reply, thanks.
  • The title of exported Bibtex is abbreviation when “Journal Abbr” is added to “Info” of item. But it is not convinent to add “Journal Abbr” one by one. Do you know any quick methods?

BBT can auto-abbreviate journal names

Event hough “Journal Abbr” is not added, the references in Word are abbreviations if “Use MEDLINE journal abbreviations” is ticked. It still works without internet. Hence, I think there must be a local file comparing the full names and abbreviations of journals. If this file can be find, a script can be written to generation BibTex with abbreviations automaticly (I want to use abbreviations in Latex). BUT, I can’t find this file. Do you have and ideas?

If you turn on BBT auto-abbrev you will get the same abbreviations as in Word. I’m not sure there’s a list, it might be an algorithm, but BBT just asks Zotero to do the same abbreviation.

• Thank you so much!!
    It works now. I'm so happy!!