“File attached could not be found” error in Zotero iOS for “Shared Library”

I’m using Zotero iOS (169) in iPad Air 2019. My private library is set to use 4shared WebDAV and it works great. But my Shared library, just said “File attached could not be found” when I tried to download within the app. So I check in the web library. The files are all available in web library and the storage usage is 98.6 MB. I’m not sure what cause the problem, but I believe that it’s not from the data cap so I post as a new discussion here.

My debug log is: D1873221763
  • Same here, WebDAV works but group library cannot sync
  • WebDAV syncing is only for My Library. It doesn't apply to groups, which always use Zotero Storage.
  • @Meowkung.pp: Are you still seeing this?
  • edited December 21, 2021
    That is the point. This is an error seemingly specific to Zotero Storage, but not webdav.

My Library can download from the webdav server I have specified, and open the attachment files.

But all the shared group libraries, which should be using the Zotero Storage of its owner (I am not the owner), cannot open the downloaded files. The downloading process appears to be successful - there is a circular progress bar that fulfills itself and I can see the number and size of files in the Settings. But when I click the file icon (it has a red exclamation mark with it), a prompt says "The attachment file could not be found".

I think the Zotero app just fails to retrieve the file it has downloaded. It is an error that occurs after certain version updating and at the same time me switching to webdav in My Library. So I cannot remember which factor causes this bug. My debug ID is D1288912026.

Things I have tried:
    I delete all the local storage in Settings and restart the app. No luck :(
  • edited December 22, 2021
    @dstillman Sorry for late reply. So much work on surgical ward at my hospital. Is still not working as of today 22/12/21. This happens only for shared library which is forced using Zotero storage for collaboration. And it’s exactly just like @vani-lu explanation.
  • @Meowkung.pp, @vani-lu: This should be fixed in the latest beta.
  • @dstillman Thank you for your quick fix!
  • @dstillman It's working! Thank you for your fix.