Need to change Chicago version

Please help -
My dissertation is due in on Friday and I've been using chicago 16 ( I believe) but when inputting a reference a new screen came up and before I realised what I had done I pressed it.... think it said chicago 17.
I now cannot enter a new reference nor retrieve my bibliography.
The pc says 'you must place the cursor in a Zotero citation to edit it...'
I am stressing as I do not want to loose any of my work nor references.
Thank you in advance for your help Gail
  • Until you get an answer from one of the main maintainers, don't try anything without being instructed to do so. You might do some damage that you can't reverse. Be patient, one of the tram will answer and you'll be able to submit your thesis no problem. :)
  • Thank you so much - I've managed to get a last minute zoom call with my supervisor in the morning.
  • That's a very odd message. First, make sure to save a copy of the current file, in case anything goes wrong with troubleshooting.

The error message is quite odd. You've tried to just restart Word and Zotero?
  • Thank you Adam, I have saved my work and restarted zotero - nothing.... the bracketed message says x86/zotero/zotero.exe

IF my supervisor cant help - I'll see if the university IT cell can help. As its the university who suggest using Zotero :-)
  • Could you submit a Report ID? Does citing work in a new document? If you enable field shading in Word do things look orderly (e.g. are only Zotero citations shaded grey)?