Op. cit et Ibid

hello, I would like to use de mention "op. cit" or "Ibid"but Zotero does not seem to recognize that I have already cited a work previously in the document. Someone could tell me what to do so that Zotero doesn't insert the full citation each time?
Thanks in advance,
ester
  • This is controlled by the citation style. What style are you using? (Note, eg, that the current version of Chicago style no longer uses ibid or op cit)
  • I am using ISO 690 (note,no abstract, français)
  • That style was written to not use ibid or op cit. see the design notes here https://github.com/msaby/wip-zotero-styles/blob/master/README.md#iso690-note-fr

You would need to edit the style to add them. You can see this ISO 690 style for an example iso690-full-note-with-ibid-ro.csl

After editing the style, be sure to change the style title and id at the top to avoid your changes being overwritten by the official version.
  • Thank you very much for your help; I will try to do it straight away!
    Ester
  • Perhaps it should be easier tu change the actual ISO-690 (note,no abstract, français) style adopted in my document for the Chicago style. Someone could tell me if this kind of change is easy (possible) to make?
    Thanks in advance.
  • In the Zotero tab in Word, click the Document Preferences button and select Chicago style from the list.

Note that current edition of the Chicago manual no longer uses “ibid” per se, but instead uses a shortened form of the citation (just the author, or the author and short title) where ibid was formerly used.
  • Hi @estercilla,
    The ISO 690 standard does not recommend on using op. cit. and ibid. like other styles.
    Therefore, the iso-690 styles for Zotero & Co. does not implement that.
    I agree with @bwiernik: if you really need/want/are required to use op. cit. and ibid., you should probably use another style.