Info tab: Author in split screen mode - feedback for developers

Hi,

I love zotero, but there is one small bug which could be ironed out in subsequent iterations of the software.

I use zotero in split screen mode on windows. At a certain width, the window displays the little "switch to single field", + and - options. When the width of the window is decreased to less that this threshold width, the +, then -, then switch to single/two fields disappears. This is annoying as I use an UWHD monitor with three sections, and at work use a second HD monitor in portrait mode. In both of these modes, the screen is not wide enough to retain the split field/+/- buttons for the authors. (See this tweet for screenshots https://twitter.com/DrAndrewHuang/status/1467022502140395523)

Could the developers please look at this bug in the next version?

Thanks!

Andrew
  • We responded to you on Twitter, but the problem is that you've made the info pane very wide. Narrow the info pane by dragging the separator to the left of the pane to the right, and then you can narrow the window without this happening. Fields (other than Abstract, which can be expanded or collapsed to a single line) will automatically wrap to multiple lines as necessary.
  • Or by "split screen mode" do you mean Stacked mode? If that's the case this would happen from having the collections pane very wide.

Can you provide a screenshot of the entire window?
  • Thanks dstillman. It was a little counterintuitive to make the info pane narrower to get the add/delete buttons back. But it's worked.

Thanks!!