Abnormal result with one author in-text citation

Hi, could anyone help?
When I do in-text citation with one author in APA style, Zotero gives me the complete name of the author. For example, (Robert K. Jin, 2009).
I find this unusual. In the case of two or more authors, it's all good. I have exactly what I want (ex: Yin et al., 2013).
What can I do to resolve this?
  • Do check the name is entered correctly in your Zotero database, in two-field mode. You can compare it to other papers and how they're entered.
  • edited November 24, 2021
    I did check it. Everything is fine. Actually, I cited that same article elsewhere, and it turned out perfectly back then.
    I wonder if it is because of the fact that I used APA style french version. And if so, how could I fix it? I have to use the french version for this report.
  • Which style exactly are you using?
    And if you create ba bibliography, could you copy all items by that first author and paste them here
    I'm using APA 6th edition (Provost) (Français - Canada) as citation style.
    Here are the items related to this author:
    Yin, Robert K. (2009). Case study research : Design and methods. (S.l.): SAGE. (Google-Books-ID: FzawIAdilHkC).
    Yin, Robert K. (2014). Case study research : Design and methods (5th éd.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
    Note: I used to be able to cite Yin (2009) in APA 7th edition style in its correct form.
    That just looks like it's disambiguating the two citations: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation
  • Oh, I see. So to fix it, I guess I have to do it manually.
    Thank you so much for your help!
  • To clarify, it is correct in APA style for initials or full names to be added to disambiguate citations. So there isn’t anything for you to fix.
  • ( I thought it wasn't anymore for full names and we fixed that?)