Problems with inserting citation in Open Office 3.0

Lately I can't insert citations from zotero in my Open Office documents anymore. When doing so, the document always crashes down. Can you help me out?
  • provide more information: operating system, ZT Version, Ooo version, exactly what do you do when Zt crashes.
  • edited January 15, 2009
    Not sure if it's the same thing, but halfway through a document I'm no longer able to insert citations.
    I'm using OO v2.4 and it freezes (doesn't crash, I have to close it with a task manager) whenever I try to insert. I've also tried inserting into a new document, but the same thing happens.
    Anybody have any idea what might be going on?

UPDATE: I just restarted X server (I'm on linux) and now it's working, panic over...
  • I referred to the same problem, Open Office freezed and I had to close it with the task manager. So, I couldn't insert citations with zotero.
    I'm working with Open Office 3.0, Windows xp, Firefox and Zotero Version 1.5-Sync3.6, if thats enough information.
    Anyway, just now it seems to be working again.
  • since updating zotero beta 2 last night, Open Office crashes every time I'm trying to add a reference. Very annoying. It worked fine before the update. How can I revert to previous beta 2 version?
  • Hannah: Define "crashes". Also, if Report Errors is active under the gear menu in Zotero after the problem occurs, send in an error report and post the Report ID here.
  • Thanks. This is the report ID: 558586189
    "Crashes" means that Open Office (3) quits whenever I insert a citation. I'm working on a document with citations in already before last night's update. When I try the "refresh" button in the zotero toolbar Open Office also quits.
  • If you're not running OpenOffice 3.1, you might want to try upgrading. An OpenOffice crash pretty much indicates an OpenOffice bug.

If you're still having trouble after upgrading, you could try running Zotero with debug output to see if anything makes it into the console before OpenOffice crashes. If so, send it to support@zot....org. It's unlikely that anything affecting word processor integration changed in Zotero between 2.0b3 and 2.0b4, but if it did, that should show it. (Any changes in Zotero still shouldn't cause an OpenOffice crash, however.)
  • Thanks. After upgrade problem still persists.
  • disabled Java runtime environment in Open Office 3.1 and problem seems to have disappeared.
  • I have this same issue (OOo 3.1; Kubuntu Linux Jaunty), and it isn't solved by disabling JRE. Might try restarting x server, but that's desperation measures, and doesn't really solve anything.

By the way, this has nothing to do with using the clipboard / copying / pasting. I simply try to insert a citation into an existing document (that has other successful citations in it).

This is a showstopper. Obviously.
    All help much appreciated.