How to show editors of a collective volume

I want to cite a collective volume as a whole, so I only have editors, but they do not show in the bibliography. How do I edit my style to show editors in the bibliography? I use the style "Université Laval - Département des sciences historiques"
Thanks!
  • Yeah, the style isn't coded well in that respect.
    You could try contacting its author (https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/universite-laval-departement-des-sciences-historiques.csl#L9 )

Or you can try editing yourself. You'd have to edit both the author-bibliography and he author-citation macro and add a substutute element so e.g. find
    <names variable="author">
    <name and="text" delimiter-precedes-last="never" initialize="false" initialize-with="." name-as-sort-order="first">
    <name-part name="family" text-case="uppercase"/>
    </name>
    <et-al font-style="italic"/>
    <label form="short" prefix=", " text-case="lowercase"/>
    </names>

and change to

<names variable="author">
    <name and="text" delimiter-precedes-last="never" initialize="false" initialize-with="." name-as-sort-order="first">
    <name-part name="family" text-case="uppercase"/>
    </name>
    <et-al font-style="italic"/>
    <label form="short" prefix=", " text-case="lowercase"/>
    <substitute>
    <names variable="editor"/>
    </substitute>
    </names>
  • Ok so I tried to edit it as you said, but it only works when I cite a chapter from a collective book. When I want to cite the collective book as a whole, the name of the editor appears but without the "ed." mention.
    Like this:
    Elizabeth A. Petroff, Medieval Women’s Visionary Literature, New York et Oxford, Oxford Univerity Press, 1986, 402 p
    Instead of like this:
    Elizabeth A. Petroff, ed., Medieval Women’s Visionary Literature, New York et Oxford, Oxford Univerity Press, 1986, 402 p
  • With the above code implemented precisely, you get ed. Could you post your modified code to pastebin.com "Create New Paste" and put the link here? You don't need to create a pastebin account
  • https://pastebin.com/pGBiq6Fp

I use a version that gives me the possibility of changing the "ed" indication with "dir." when put in Extra
  • And you're missing the label in the citation or in the bibliography? It should be in the bib, but the style doesn't have the label for author in the citation defines
  • I only miss it in the citation. In the bibliography its writes "ed." although I put in Extra the indications for replacing with "dir" (and that indication works when citing the chapter of a collective book)
    I am now stuck with a problem when I refresh or add citations, could it be linked to my changes in the style?
  • I found the error problem, but I still cannot properly cite collective books as a whole with the indication "dir" instead of "éd."