Is there any way to recover the library?

So what happened is, I tried to open a pdf on another computer, but it says the pdf is broken. I assumed that it is sync problem, so I disconnected the sync, removed everything, reconnected to the account, and re-run the sync. Unexpectedly, this removed everything in my library in every single computer....

So, is there any way to recover it? Also, what is a correct way to sync to a computer that has absolutely nothing?
  • edited November 19, 2021
    so I disconnected the sync, removed everything, reconnected to the account, and re-run the sync
    This was definitely not the right thing to do — you just deleted all the items in your library and synced, which would apply those deletions elsewhere.

If you still have an intact Zotero library on another computer, you can disconnect that computer from the internet, open Zotero, temporarily disable auto-sync, and do a Replace Online Library from the Sync → Reset pane of the Zotero preferences.

Otherwise, you can try to recover from your last automatic backup, though any attached files would be permanently gone that way.

In general, if you're having a problem with Zotero, I would strongly encourage you to just post here and ask for help rather than trying anything drastic (e.g., deleting all your items) on your own.
  • Thank you very much. I do believe I have a couple of copies in other computers. I'll try to recover that way.