microsoft scripts folder?

I am trying to help someone set up Zotero on her Mac (BigSur) for Word. On installing Zotero an error occurs, asking to locate a microsoft scripts folder, which is supposed to be in the Documents folder, but which we cannot find anywhere. Can someone point me into the right direction?

To be honest I have never had to locate this folder before when I installed Zotero on Macs, is there something weird about her Word installation (Office 365)?
  • That's really scripts, not Startup?
  • @JGebauer: Can you take a screenshot of the error you're seeing, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here? Nothing should be in Documents in an Office 365 installation.
  • (Sorry, took longer to get her to make the screenshot)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qydqo0dkbjoxg2/Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-08 um 10.15.49.png?dl=0

It is a file selector dialog, asking for:
    "Select the Word Script Menu items folder, usually located in Documents/Microsoft User Data"

We couldn't find that folder anywhere.
  • I believe they should only see that if they still have an extremely old version of Word — Word 2008 or 2011 — in Applications. Neither of those will even run on Big Sur, so they should just delete them.

(We can probably detect the OS version and not show that prompt on OS versions where those versions of Word don't run.)
  • That was the solution, thanks! She just had to delete her Office 2011 folder, that was it.

Caused us major headaches, though.