Highlights made on iPad not showing on desktop

This discussion was created from comments split from: iOS beta: Some items not syncing.
  • Hi. I am facing a similar problem. Highlights I have made on pdf files on my IPad are not showing up when i open zotero on my laptop. Not sure what the issue is. Any suggestions?
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to isn't related. I've moved this to a new thread.)

Are you using the new PDF reader in the Zotero beta, and have you enabled it from the General pane of the preferences?
  • I don’t see an option for a PDF reader on my Beta app. Is this only on Mac or does it work for IPad too?
  • It's an option in the General pane of the Zotero beta on the desktop.
  • Thanks. I don’t have a problem with the Zotero Reader on my desktop/laptop. My question is, why aren’t my highlights on Zotero Beta on IPad syncing onto my Zotero app on my desktop.
  • I was asking whether you're actually using the Zotero beta on the desktop and have turned on the built-in PDF reader. You're saying the answer is yes?

Can you take a couple screenshots of the annotations present on the iPad and missing on the desktop, upload them somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here? And also provide the URL (or just the 8-character item key from the URL) of that item in the web library?
  • Thanks. That solved it, sorry thought I had zotero beta on my desktop too. I did notice however that the date of modification on my mac does not match the modified date on ipad. But the annotations show and that's what matters.
  • So now the highlights are syncing but zotfile is no longer extracting my annotations. Every time I click extract it shows an X sign on the pdf file. Like it cannot locate it or something.
  • Ok never mind, I figured how to extract annotations. Thanks