iOS beta: image annotations in notes

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I wonder when images annotations saved into standalone notes will be supported in the beta? This appears to be a big compatibility gap. Or do I suffer from a bug?
  • edited October 26, 2021
    The new note editor from the desktop app, which includes support for annotations, isn't yet available on iOS. It will be added in a future version, but it won't be in the initial release of the app.
  • Understood. How exactly then does the iOS version deal with such notes? Currently I see the images as blanks. I can remove them, which removes them on the desktop as well. If I add text on iOS, is there a risk that this breaks other parts of the notes which iOS does not understand, or is the editing "risk free" as long as I don't touch the blank images?
  • It's the same as a desktop client not using the new note editor — the images won't appear (since the old editor doesn't know how to display them), but you can edit text, and as long as you don't delete the images, they should be fine.