Problem with "Add/Edit citation" function in classic view

I'm having an issue with the columns display function. It keeps loading only the title, creator, and attachment columns but whenever I change it to add other things like "date", "publisher" etc. it's not keeping those settings. This has only been a recent thing and I've never had issues with this before. How should I go about fixing it because it's quite inconvenient
  • It's a regression in the newer beta version of Zotero. There's nothing you can do to fix it.
    The classic view is not maintained much anymore and will eventually be phased out for an improved standard add citation dialog, so not sure if Zotero is planning on fixing this or not.
  • I'm disappointed to hear this. I can find citations so much faster using the Classic View, which (until recently) replicated my Zotero library structure. The ability to sort based on most recent added, year, author -- and to add citations based on group libraries for collaboration -- is *far* superior to the magic search bar approach.

If the improved standard add citation dialog replicates the features of the Classic dialog, I for one will be happy.
  • The classic dialog (and the related-items dialog) will retain column settings again in the latest beta.