Altered formatting in my citations and bibliography

Searching for answers. Opened Word 365, the Zotero plug-in is installed, added a citation, added a bibliography and this is where the formatting changes involuntarily. The link in one is greyed out, another link is highlighted with the color blue and there is no formatting for one of them. New to using Zotero can someone navigate me to protocol to learn plus follow. Thanks in advance.

Olokun
  • Could you submit a Report ID? Can you take a screenshot of the issue, upload it somewhere (like dropbox) and post a link here?
  • Okay will do. I will upload a link to the document. Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1er3uDIfc_WTx97xvP1giEtyhGlz5VWXX/view?usp=sharing
  • You need to post the Report ID here. Also if you want to share the document you should share it in the .docx format. If you want to keep it private you can send it to support@zotero.org.
  • But it do I understand correctly that the only issue here is the formatting of the link? By default, Zotero bibliographies don't have active links. I suspect something about the annotated format made it active. Which of the two do you want?
  • Adam,

Here is the link at a docx. Yes the issue is formatting the link. Should this be consistent for all posted papers listed in Zotero? How are you defining format? CMS or APA? I am using CMS for Social Sciences:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xiZsx8q65jYSZ86MaNJHkCauYpJJ8prp/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105276652612407772328&rtpof=true&sd=true
  • Generally Zotero doesn't apply any formatting to links that it inserts into Word, so this could be the doing of Word, style formatting or even some other plugin. Even then, I am not sure what it is that you expect or are trying to accomplish so it's hard to provide any precise guidance. Can you describe in full details what steps do you take in Word, what happens at each step, and what you expect to happen instead?
  • I am writing for the social sciences, the professor wants to review the content in the annotated bibliography by clicking on the highlighted URL of the listed source that navigates to portal of where I obtained the source. Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Ed
  • edited October 19, 2021
    Generally, Zotero has not control over the URLs. It just inserts them as text.
    If you want them as active, clickable URLs then you can find a Word macro somewhere here in the forum that makes them active so your professor can simply click on them.
  • Thank you for the suggestion and will do as suggested.