Feature request: fast switching between "quick copy" formats

Now that I'm looking at how to use Zotero with plain text, I find that it works best if I set quick copy to use the RTF Scan citation format. But I also still need to quickly copy fully formatted citations in the Chicago format. Moving back and forth between the two is a bit cumbersome. I'd like to either (a) have a separate option for inserting RTF Scan codes, or (b) have the ability to choose when invoking quick copy, or (c) having some way to quickly toggle between the various defaults that is quicker than the current process.
  • Check out the Zutilo plugin. With it, you can set keyboard shortcuts for up to 5 different quick copy styles
  • Thanks. I will. Still, it would be good to have similar functionality on iOS as well...
  • edited October 18, 2021
    Note that you can use the Share option on iOS — tap and hold an item → Share — to quickly copy citations in formats other than the configured Quick Copy format.
  • Oh, that's great. Thanks!
  • +1 for this feature request, i.e., to separate which style is copy/pasted depending on a keyboard shortcut, rather than both 'Citation' and 'Bibliography' necessarily using the same style. For the very good reason given by the OP:

RTF Scan for inserting citations while drafting (copy) and e.g., Chicago Note for exporting a human readable full citation for general use.
  • Zutilo really does work well for that as mentioned above. Add-ons are essential to get the most out of Zotero
  • Thanks Adam, I see that Zutilo offers a way to address this, but it's incredibly complex to set up and then to change between formats, and involves manually changing multiple config settings for each modification, which seems dangerous!

It seems like it would be relatively easy to allow users to split the citation/bibliography format setting and shortcut natively by having two drop-down menus on the export pane: one for each setting, perhapas with a different modifier key.