[New note editor] Citations in notes don't update automatically in Zotero beta

Hello!
I've been testing Zotero beta, and overall I really like the new features. In fact, I'm seriously considering changing my long-term workflow when the new version becomes officially available. The issue that bothers me is that citations don't update automatically in notes.

Example: I was reading a pdf file and created several notes. Citations were added to notes automatically. I then noticed a mistake in metadata (author's name). After editing metadata, citations in notes did not reflect the change.

The problem also appears when exporting notes into Word. That is, when I use the new Word plugin to insert notes, all citations update dynamically and show corrected metadata. However, when I drag a note from Zotero's main window into Word, it copies the old citation with incorrect metadata.

I tried various scenarios (open/close file, open/close Zotero), but the only way I can make citations in notes reflect changes in metadata is by clicking on each citation and manually choosing to edit it. This is inconvenient when dealing with multiple notes and can easily lead to incorrect citations.

Please tell me whether it's a bug or I'm missing some option. (Also sorry if this question was asked already).
  • Seems like a recent bug. It will be fixed in the next update. Thanks.

For now, to update a citation you can modify the note by typing any character and reopening the note again. The citation will be updated.
  • Thank you for a quick answer! The workaround works, I will use it for now.

Love Zotero and how responsive the team is. :)
  • Quick update: I found that it's not just citations. It seems that notes generally don't sync with the main database. I changed the a note from child to standalone in the main window, and it didn't change in the note editor. When I typed one character and reopened the note, it updated and moved to standalone.

Hope this info helps! :)
  • Thanks, that will be fixed as well.

Also, I should mention that you should use Zotero Word plugin "Add Note" functionality instead of dropping a note directly, because otherwise you are just inserting plain text that won't allow you to update citations or add bibliography.