Saving by default to group library on zotero.org

When saving citations via the connector directly to my online library at Zotero.org, can I save by default to a specific group library rather than only to My Library? I know how this works with the desktop app, but haven't found a way to do it when saving directly to my libraries at zotero.org.
  • No that’s not possible.
  • Would it be possible to get an explanation of why it's not possible, or if that could ever change? Because it's not advised to store libraries on cloud storage and have users all use the same local library files (due to corruption issues which is TOTALLY legit and fair for databasing), managing large shared libraries for an organization is challenging in part because of instructing users on how to save to the shared library instead of their own user libraries. I'm trying to come up with a simple option for my users, and am nervous about synchronization issues because they don't understand the difference between *their* libraries and the shared library, and there's no way to make their Library auto-copy to a shared library, even in the desktop app. Requiring them to have Zotero open and minimized in order for the connector to be *able* to let them select the shared library is also a challenge for those with slower computers. I love this system and all the things it does are amazing. It seems to me like all parts of this problem could be fixed if there was a way to choose a default library for the connect.
  • I don't think there's a philosophical reason it's not possible. Zotero is generally optimized for use with the desktop software and the dialog allowing you to specify the storage location relies on the desktop software, so this is pretty much because no one has implemented it and because Zotero doesn't consider saving directly to the web library a design priority.