Tagging on iOS beta

I click on Info and then Edit, then I try to add a tag so that I can identify tagged articles again quickly. When I tag a bibliography entry on my iPad (I > edit > add tag > save) the tag is not saved. If I tag that same bibliography entry on my Mac, not only is it saved but it syncs to my iPad. What am I doing wrong here?
  • Are you trying to assign an existing tag to an item or create a new one?

It looks like currently, for the latter, if you search for a tag that's a prefix of another tag, it doesn't show the "Create Tag" option. We'll fix that. For now, you have to type beyond any existing matches.
  • I'm trying to create a new tag. I can see a tag created on my Mac (with a radio dial button next to it), but I can't figure out how to create a new tag on the iPad.
  • I explained the issue above. Assuming that's the problem you're seeing, you'll need to wait for the next build.
  • And as I explained above (in my original post) that is not the issue I'm having.
  • Then you need to tell us exactly what you're doing and what's happening, including everything you're touching, typing, and seeing on screen. Or you can take a screen recording, upload it somewhere (Dropbox, Google Drive), and provide a link here.