export notes workflow broken, suggestions?

I am using the beta, and I love the ability to take the native app for pdf viewing, and it syncs flawlessly on the ipad and iphone. The ability to then "right pane" and take all of the highlights into a note is very useful on my mac, but it is a pain to get the files out to obsidian or apple notes. I know this does not exist on the iphone/ipad and maybe more will be coming, but what workflows are people using to get the notes out?

Mdnotes quit working with the most recent upgrade. Is there a way to get the link back to the zotero source somehow manually? I feel like even if it meant copy and paste the text, if I could manually make a link (ideally right clink and be given the link), this would at least make it a usable workflow. Right now this feels like zotero is close but not really ready to be used as a reference manager given how much friction to get any info out of it.
  • Right now this feels like zotero is close but not really ready to be used as a reference manager given how much friction to get any info out of it.
    This is a bizarre, absurd statement. Zotero has been one of the most popular reference managers in the world since it launched 15 years ago, and it's always been easier to get data out of Zotero than any other mainstream tool, both from built-in functionality and from open-source extensibility.

The new PDF reader and note editor are accompanied by a new Add Note button in all the supported word processor plugins — for Word, LibreOffice, and Google Docs — that will insert notes with annotations into word processor documents with active citations that can then continue to be used with the word processor plugins. That's the primary workflow that we expect most people using the word processor plugins — which is the vast majority of Zotero users — to use.

If you want to get notes out of Zotero some other way, you can just copy and paste them into any rich-text editor — that's all you'd need to do for Apple Notes. We're working on additional built-in export options for the new note editor for people using plain-text editors.

The Zutilo plugin can also generate links to items.
  • I posted here for help about a workflow. I have recently transitioned to zotero, and thought the forum would be a good place to get assistance with my workflow. Zotero is a tool, and since switching I have been hitting friction points which I am trying to overcome. This was not meant to be rude, but looking for options to continue to use Zotero. It very well may be another app that better fits my specific work flow, and that is ok.

So apologies if you took my comment out of context, as I have been happy with many of the zotero features. The Zutilo plug in does seem to give me a work around for now to get access to those files easily. Thank you.