Author names repeated in bibliography

I'm new to Zotero, so this might be obvious, but not to me. I am having trouble with names appearing three times in a bibliography entry. Using the desktop app I made sure that each name is only entered once, refreshed this and looked again, the multiple entries are still there. When I manually delete them they reappear as soon as the bibliography is refreshed. Any ideas?
  • Does that happen in a new document, too?
  • No, it doesn't.
  • edited September 15, 2021
    Can you give an example of what you're seeing?

Make sure you're actually selecting the same item in the new document. In the old document, click on the citation (not the bibliography), click Add/Edit Citation, click the blue bubble, and then click "Open in My Library", and check the metadata on that item.
  • Sure, here is the citation (note that in the app each author is only mentioned once):
    Gerber, P.J., Steinfield, H., Henderson, B., Mottet, A., Opio, C., Dijkman, J., Falcucci, A., Tempio, G., Steinfeld, H., Henderson, B., Mottet, A., Opio, C., Dijkman, J., Falcucci, A., Tempio, G., Steinfield, H., Henderson, B., Mottet, A., Opio, C., Dijkman, J., Falcucci, A., Tempio, G., 2013. Tackling Climate Change through Livestock- A global assessment of emissions and mitigation opportunities. Food and agriculture organisation of the united nations, Rome.
  • See my edited message above.
  • If you've confirmed that it's the same item, what happens if you make a copy of this document and switch to a different bibliography style? Does it persist if you switch back? If so, what style is this?
  • I just completely removed the citation and bibliography and then put it back in again and it now shows as it is supposed to do. I'm not sure what was happening as I'd already tried that twice yesterday. One of those mysteries I guess.

Thanks for the support.