Can't Import RIS file to specific collection?

Hi, when I tried to import RIS formatted TXT file to Zotero, the imported citations can't show up in the current selected collection.
This import action will build a new collection when I check the options "Place imported collections and items into new collection"
Or, it will show imported citations in 'root' library.

BTW, I can't copy reference from one collection to another.
  • Anyone encountered this before?
  • So three things:
    This import action will build a new collection when I check the options "Place imported collections and items into new collection"
    That's working as designed then
    Or, it will show imported citations in 'root' library.
    I'm seeing the same (current beta version) and I think that's not right. It should import into the currently selected collection and it doesn't.

BTW, I can't copy reference from one collection to another.
    Not sure what you mean here. What happens if you try?

Finally, you can still get RIS import into an existing collection by selecting and copying the content of an RIS file (e.g. from a text editor) and then using "Import from Clipboard"
  • I'm seeing the same (current beta version) and I think that's not right. It should import into the currently selected collection and it doesn't.
    That's not new — it happens in the production version too. And it was intentional, though I'm not sure exactly why. It does apply to Mendeley imports as well, but I can't think of a reason why imported collections from any import source couldn't just be added to the selected collection.

I'm guessing the worry here was just that it would make it easy to accidentally pollute a current collection with a huge import, but as long as it defaults to creating a new collection, it doesn't seem like a huge problem.
  • 1."Import from Clipboard"
    This function meets my need!

2. I use "Import from Clipboard".

3. I mean I can't copy Item from current collection to another different collection.
    Or, when I right-click a selected Item, no menu of "Copy" or "Move to" are shown