Library View / Saving docs with Connector

Hi a few clarifications on use;

a) When in Library view and I see a list of docs is there a way to tell which Collection a particular document is in?

b) In Library mode looking at a particular document is there a way to jump to that Collection / document? I don ‘t see a right click option for this.

c) When saving from a browser it seems – the Reddit option appears to me to be the same as Save with Snapshot, why is there a separate Reddit option what am I not understanding on this difference?

d) When I right click on the connector and choose Save Embedded Metadata – this appears to be identical to Save w/Snapshot. What am I missing on this?

Thank you
  • a) https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/collections_containing_an_item

b) Don't know what you mean by this.

c) If you see a site name, that's a Zotero translator. Don't overthink this. Just click the save button, unless something goes wrong and you need to choose a secondary save option.
  • edited September 4, 2021
    a) EDIT - ok this works.

b) This question dovetails off of a). If I am in the Library level click focus + control and highlight the Collection(s) that a document is in then how do I jump to that document in the Collection? So if the document identifies as being in Collection A and Collection B how do I jump directly to either of those documents in that specific Collection? Or would I need to manually go to that Collection and scroll thru all the documents in that Collection in an attempt to identify?

How about d) ;
    d) When I right click on the connector and choose Save Embedded Metadata – this appears to be identical to Save w/Snapshot. What am I missing on this?

I am running 5.0.97-beta.
  • b) There's no difference between items in different collections — they're the same items — so the only time that would matter would be if you wanted to remove the item from a collection. In that case, you would have to go find it in that collection, yes. You can use the search bar to find it quickly.

d) Again, you should almost always just left-click the save button. There's very rarely a need to right-click. Embedded Metadata is a generic translator that works on all websites that provide metadata. On some sites it will save much more metadata than a basic webpage save. On others it will save about the same. It depends on what the site provides. But there's almost no reason where you'd choose a basic webpage save over EM.