"Cannot read property 'startsWith' of null"

When I click on "Edit with Zotero" in Google Docs, otero displays the error message:

"Cannot read property 'startsWith' of null"

Report ID: 1958180970
  • Can you reproduce this in a new document? Is there anything specific about the formatting of or around the citation? If so, can you share a snippet doc with support@zotero.org where this is reproducible?
  • I don't have much time to try and reproduce it.

I have enabled debug logging, rewrote the citations and it is still doing it.

Debug ID: D2143412643
  • The citations are inside a table in Google Docs. I have a table made entirely of citations.
  • I have shared a document snippet where this happens to the email address that you provided
  • I hope the document I shared is useful
  • @raffaem Thanks, the document you sent is helpful, although I am able to insert the Bibliography into it. We'll fix the bug although it's a bit technically complicated. In the meantime you can workaround the bug by adding an empty space symbol at the end of a table cell where Zotero citation is the final think occurring in it.
  • I am having the same problem -- seems to happen inside a table cell
  • did this got fixed?
  • This is still occurring but the suggested workaround (adding a space to the end of the table cell) is working!
  • I can also confirm, that the issue still exists, but the trailing space works
  • Also confirming this issue still persists and adding a trailing space is a workaround. Hope this gets fixed soon.