can't completely import file exported from EndNote

I exported my EndNote bibliography in RIS format to a .txt file and told Zotero to import it. The process began, and got some ways into the import (it got to about the middle of the "D" authors) and then reported a generic error of some kind. Citations to that point imported properly, more or less. I created a new export file from EndNote which contains only the citations that Zotero hadn't imported, and Zotero won't import them at all -- it reports an error reading the file, and the error log gives me this:

[JavaScript Error: "Date field must begin with SQL date" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate.js" line: 901}]

Ideas?
  • could you possibly post the file that you tried to import?
  • Here it is:

http://homepage.mac.com/onyxdr/master_library_2_copy.txt
  • edited July 9, 2007
    This may be the problem: "PY - 1948-51" (two-digit year after the dash), but this has been fixed in the dev version.
  • edited July 9, 2007
    Yes, the problem was with "1941-51", and, as Elena says, this was fixed on the dev branch.

You can make the import work with 1.0.0b4.r5 by changing the second part in those to full four-digit years.

Thanks.
  • Removing that particular reference worked! I can just enter that one manually. Thanks for the quick assistance!

I am removing that bibliography file referenced above, so if anyone tries to click on the link it will not work.