Import for Web Version of Zotero

Are there any plans to add an import facility to the online (web) version of Zotero? An export button is available on the web site that supports the common formats (RIS,etc.) Why is there not an import button that will allow the import of those same formats? That this is a needed feature is obvious to me. It would make it easy to transfer references from EndNote without having to install the app version, just to get access to an import feature, especially when the web site already has the complimentary export feature, as noted above.
  • edited June 18, 2019
    The web version will likely gain import functionality at some point, but for any real work you'll want to install the app anyway.

You can also save to your web library with URLs or identifiers from https://www.zotero.org/save, but you'll still get better results saving via the Zotero Connector to the local app.
  • Unfortunately the local app is not able to be installed everywhere. When I am working at various research libraries, I'm blocked from installing the app on the library's computer. Only users with admin status at the library can install it. I've requested it, but they have not installed it. Some way of importing citations online would be very helpful.
  • Same as Jaydel555, an import button for web library will be a super useful tool, Mendeley does...
  • You can save to the web library using the Save to Zotero button in the browser plugin or using https://zotero.org/save
  • Please make this a thing. It would be a great functionality. As others have mentioned, there's already an export function in the Web Library - why not an import one as well?

Logging into hot-desking PCs at Uni and so on often might not offer downloads of the app easily.

Please consider this.
  • Pin for this function.

It is useful to support this for people who have no access to install apps, e.g., on company, school or other public devices.
  • Would be such a great advantage! Setting up a structure for an organisation with restrictive IT policies right now and it would solve a lot of my problems.