Prevent Zotero from downloading pdfs from secondary sources

Given a DOI, when Zotero cannot access directly the pdf from a journal website, it downloads the working paper version available from somewhere else. Is there a way to prevent Zotero from doing that? That is, I want to have Zotero download the published paper and not to download anything else if it can't find that published version. Is that possible?
  • edited August 25, 2021
    Not possible, sorry. As long as the main PDF pref is enabled, Zotero will look for an open-access version (which can still be a published paper) if one isn't available from the translator.

We considered making this a separate option, but we ultimately didn't, and there hasn't been much if any demand for it.
  • This has been an annoyance for me, too. The thing that helps is that those pdfs are titled differently ("Submitted Version" as opposed to "Full Text"), which means I can immediately spot them, delete them, and manually download and attach the published version.
  • That shouldn't be too hard to implement? Perhaps as an option in the Config Editor?