[Feature Request] Expand All / Collapse All

Hello. This is first time here. I would like to mention something very basic, but couldn't find in the application; Expand All / Collapse All. Sometimes, I would like to expand all the items so that I could see the notes in a combined view. I did not find if such a feature exists.
  • Click a collection or item and press - and + on the keyboard.
  • Thank you, I was looking for a button or something.
  • Hi, is it possible to stop Expanding after every search/delete/edit action? I have to press minus every time. How to disable this automatic expansion? I never need expanded items. Have no idea how this could be useful.
    Thanks!
  • It expands to show the actual matches. If you don’t want to match child items, use the Title, Creator, Year search mode.
  • Thank you for reply.
    I would agree if it were true. For instance, if matches were indicated by colour, but it just expands element duplicating the line. What is the profit?
    I would prefer to see only parent items, anyway I have only one pdf per item. The expansion just duplicate the line and break the structure of the output list. So there is no way to block expansion permanently? For any activity. I will open them manually if it is really necessary (never did it for last 5 years).
  • If you're going to post here, you're going to have to accept that we know what we're talking about. Again, it expands to show matches — e.g., a word in a PDF. Search matches are shown in black. Non-matches are shown in gray. As I say, if you don't want to match child items, you can use "Title, Creator, Year", which only matches top-level items.

You can test this yourself — e.g., by creating a parent item and a child note with some text that doesn't match your search. It won't be expanded. If you add a child note to an item that already has a matching child attachment, the note will be shown in gray.

There's an argument to be made that there should be an option to not expand parent items to show matching child items, but it's doing it in order to show you what's matching.